Friday, June 8, 2012

Crafty Adventures


Crafting is in my blood.  For as long as I can remember, I have loved creating things with my own hands.  My earliest memory is sorting through my grandmother Betty’s button box.  I loved pulling out the shiny metal and sparkly glass buttons and stashing them in my makeshift treasure box.  She always had the best stash of craft supplies...fabric scraps, buttons, lace, and trim. Such things appealed to the 6 year old little girl that I once was (actually...wait, those things still appeal to me).

So here I am getting ready to embark on a glorious and new craft adventure with my good friends, Cady and Lesley.  I hope you will join us on this exciting journey.  Tansy Dolls is about so much more than making and selling beautiful handmade dolls.  It’s about the start of a new family, one that is founded on friendship, parenting, crafting, and loads of coffee.  We want you to be a part of this family too!  So please stick around and join the conversation.


Here's a sneak peak at one of the tutus that will be available in our shop soon.  It is my favorite color combination.  I never thought I had a favorite color until I actually took a look at my bead box and fabric stash.  Everything is in shades of blue and green. What colors are you rather partial to?

~Cheers~
Robin

9 comments:

  1. I spy another tutu here! :) Wasn't sure which post to comment under, so I did underneath both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you choose just one favorite colour? I love how dramatic black is in a tutu, but I love how soft cream, yellow and white is. I don't really think I've seen a bad colour combo for tutus now that I really think about it!

    Good luck with your venture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. It is hard to pick just one favorite. And while I always fall back to blue and green, every time I see another color combo I am convinced I've found my new favorite. ~Robin

      Delete
  3. whoops! hah, sorry guys! I will make sure to assign everyone just one number in order of when they posted (on either post) to pick a winner. I guess we love our tutus here! :D Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mermaid colored tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy to find you on pintrest and happy to find this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found us too! We plan on doing lots of fun things in the future, including more giveaways and of course blogging about our adventures in doll making and parenting! :D ~Robin

      Delete
  6. I am happy your dolls popped up in my Pinterest feed, your blog is full of my favorite things - tutus, yarn, and adorable kids!

    Nicole
    Cursed DOT Diamond AT gmail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Happy to have you here. Stick around; there will be plenty more tutus, yarn, and adorable kids in the future, plus we have plans in the works for several more fun giveaways!
      ~Robin

      Delete