Friday, June 29, 2012

Our shop is live and other exciting news

We have a couple of exciting announcements!

First, we have a winner for our drawing on  http://hyenacart.com/stores/TansyDolls/ to purchase a Good Fortune doll: Karli Zearley!  Good Fortune dolls are rare opportunities where YOU, the buyer, get to design the perfect doll right down to the color scheme of the outfits.  Karli is requesting a special little doll that resembles her soon to be 2 year old daughter Izzi.  She sent along pictures of her sweet little girl and let me tell you its going to be a challenge making a doll as gorgeous as little Izzi.  We will do our best though and we're confident that Izzi will love her Tansy doll.  :D

I have to say that planning for the Good Fortune doll's clothing is a lot of fun.  One of the things I love about sewing is picking out fabric, but I find myself drawn to the same color combinations repeatedly.  It is not on purpose; I just tend to gravitate to the same colors...true reds, deep blues, cheerful aquas, rustic browns, and spring greens.  


Karli has requested sherberty pinks, yellows, oranges, greens, and teal.  I am loving this opportunity to work with some colors that I might not normally try out.  I have some lovely cottons in my stash that will definitely work, but I think a trip to the store is in call so I can find that perfect fabric for Izzi's doll.  *Oh, darn!*  Ha!  I love any excuse to visit the fabric store.   


Stay tuned next Friday for updates on how the trip to the store went and for a sneak peek at the fabrics I am considering.  If you are interested in a custom doll, follow us on Twitter or Facebook (tabs at the top of the blog will take you to the right place) for updates on the next opportunity to enter a drawing to purchase one!

Our second bit of big news is that our store is finally live!  Woohoo!!!  Visit our Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/TansyDolls to see the first two dolls for sale.  We will also be selling a limited supply of doll clothing!

And speaking of doll clothing.  I seriously have to stop myself from designing new clothes, but its so much fun.  I had to start an inventory of doll clothing that I could reference to keep myself accountable.  Until I build up enough stock for the clothing designs I have already created I need to restrain myself from creating more.  ;)

Okay, I'm off to wake up my little one to start our day.  I'll leave you with a sneak peek of a shirt and pair of pants I made this past week.  


~Cheers!~
Robin









No comments:

Post a Comment