Friday, June 15, 2012

Payment in Rainbow

The morning of the first official Tansy Doll photo shoot, I woke up Aria and let her know what the day was going to hold for her. She eyed me suspiciously and said sleepily, "Hmm...I think I will frown for all the pictures."

Well.  What can you say to that?  I attempted to convince her that it would be fun, that she'd be with her two best pals, that there would be yummy things to eat, and that she'd get to try on all her fun clothes. 

She didn't seem particularly convinced. 

"Momma, I know!  I will make an ANGRY face for every picture."  

Okay.  Great.  She went from frowning to angry faces.  Not exactly what I was hoping for.

It dawned on me that I had made a couple of super sweet doll tutus the night before.  One of them was in rainbow, which just so happens to be a favorite in this household.  Congratulating myself on my genius, I offered to make her a rainbow tutu that her dollies and stuffed animals could wear.  

She peered at me; the signs of a smile at the corner of her mouth.  

"For me to keep?"

"Yes, Aria, for you to keep."

"Just like MY rainbow tutu?"

"Yes, Aria, just like your rainbow tutu."

She nodded her head in agreement and we shook on it.  We actually did shake hands.
......

She upheld her end of the deal.

See?  No frowns or angry faces!


And here is my absolute favorite from the day.  Aria with her friend Stella.



She managed to convince me that it would make far more sense to let her have the one I already made and make another for Tansy Dolls.  She is a smart one.  ;)  Here is Piggy looking awfully grand in the rainbow tutu.


Okay...now I'm off to whip together some tutus for Tansy Dolls!
~Cheers!~
Robin

8 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Every piggy needs a tutu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I agree. Piggy has never looked so grand. ;)

      Delete
  2. very very cute!!! I love the tutus :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't resist a giveaway, or a tutu! Great job in the photos, Ms. Aria Jae!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming over from pintrest. I think you meant the other one, but I love the smiles, the rainbow and particularly the pig.

    ReplyDelete