Monday, October 15, 2012

Goodbye, Kealoha!

When I first finished Kealoha, before she had a name, I loved the warmth of  her tan skin and how her rainbow hair reminded me of sunny skies and summer adventures.

Tansy Dolls Waldorf bamboletta dragonflys hollow fig and me
Kealoha

"Ah hah, our first Hawaiian gal," I thought and promptly started looking up Hawaiian names that meant rainbow or sunshine. Nothing seemed quite right until I stumbled upon a name that meant 'the loved one' and that was that. In hopes that someday she would be just that, well-loved, in the arms of her very own family.
Tansy Dolls Waldorf bamboletta dragonflys hollow fig and me
Kealoha with her cute crown & purse
 And now the day has come for us to say goodbye to lovely Kealoha - and in a quite exciting fashion! If you've been following us on fb, you may know and had probably entered our huge 16" Tansy Doll  free giveaway. It was pretty darn exciting there on Saturday night after a buildup of 2+ months and hundreds of entries - it was finally time to generate a winner!

The lucky Anna M's name was drawn and she announced the good news to her 2 daughters that day to let them choose their special doll. It makes me smile to think about her 2 cuties excitedly looking through our available dolls and finally deciding to bring Kealoha home.

Tansy Dolls Waldorf bamboletta dragonflys hollow fig and me crowns princess
Kealoha's white crown & matching childrens crown

Tansy Dolls Waldorf bamboletta dragonflys hollow fig and me
All wrapped up!
She begins her exciting journey this week all the way to Russia (awesome!!) to meet her new family and receive many hours of snuggle-time, I'm sure.

Tansy Dolls Waldorf bamboletta dragonflys hollow fig and me
the loved one

 I am looking forward to hopefully receiving pix and news about Kealoha's new life in Russia with Grandma Anna and her two new mommies. The thought of that long distance connection sparked an idea -  I would love to have families that adopt Tansy Dolls join us here on our blog as guest bloggers to share a sweet story or insight about their doll's new home or fun times they have together.

How fun would it be to have a collection of adventures from around the world? I'm thinkin' pretty darn awesome.
Tansy Dolls Waldorf bamboletta dragonflys hollow fig and me
happy travels, Kealoha!
xoxoxoxo,
Lesley

Also - I'd like to mention our special Tansy Doll Tuesday event happening tomorrow - we'll be having our very first auction with 100% of proceeds going to help one of our favorite local mom-run businesses: Art a la Carte in Portland.
Please join us on fb if you'd like to participate - bidding starts at just $50! (for Amelia, a $200 16 " Tansy Doll) www.facebook.com/tansydolls

2 comments:

  1. We are waiting dear Kealoha:) And promise to send photos about her new home:)
    Thank you, Tansy Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D And we are excited to see them! Congrats Anna.

      Delete