Monday, November 26, 2012

A little under the weather

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you friends of ours in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. My daughter (now almost 5) and I really got to have discussions about history and the meaning of Thanksgiving, what we're Thankful for and all that important stuff. It is so very cool to have these 'grown up' conversations with her now.

Anywho - after all that excitement (Thanksgiving AND our first craft fair weekend) I'm pooped. And, feeling a tad run down, hopefully not sick. Which brings me to the point of my teenytiny post tonight. Hah. Here goes:

We finished 2 customs this weekend (the last customs for 2012!) and I had such a good time working on them and imagining the joy of the kiddos that get to snuggle with them. Both mamas happened to choose peach (blush) skin and dark blue eyes

- BUT -

one wanted shades of pink mixed in with brown hair. She sent me a pic of her daughter and I knew - pink sparkles would have to be included. As well as bangs to match her lovely little one.

The next mama was nervous about her hair decisions: " Lesley... I feel like a hungry person standing in front of the open refrigerator, everything looks good. I'm worried I'll end up with an ice cream sundae covered in pickles and cheese." HAH! LOVE this, and totally know the feeling. But she made a beautiful choice with a base of brown, blues, greens, and some hints of yellow.

I think they both turned out fantastic, so unique in their own way despite starting off looking pretty much the same. And thus, the beauty of handmade:

I'll be adding more pix of these gals to our flickr page soon

Have a great week, everyone!
xoxoxoxoxo,
Lesley 

No comments:

Post a Comment