Monday, December 17, 2012

So shines a good deed in a weary world

Looking back at my post last Monday after the events that took place this week is humbling.

Last Monday was written with carefree joy and anticipation of the holidays with my family and friends; this Monday my heart is just so heavy. I have been hugging my little (and big) ones closer and longer, and in the quiet spaces of my day a new idea is forming inside of me.

I've had to let a few facebook friends go. Somehow (miraculously I suppose, heh) we survived election season - but not this.

Something deep inside of my consciousness won't permit me to include thoughtlessness and selfish agendas in my 'space' anymore (online and out in the world.) And though I struggled with the notion of respecting others views through hearing and listening to their opinions, however disagreeable they are to me, my inner self has decided she needs to set some boundaries.

And so, though my head is stunned and my heart feels shaken - my resolve is anything but.

Gone is my quiet tolerance of pettiness. But rather than a fierce fire brewing inside of me - a quiet promise to myself has emerged. It feels light and soft and wise. Adjustments are being made.

I leave you today, friends, with a quote from one of my favorites Sages, Mr. Fred Rogers. He was truly a shining light in this world, as so many are. I highly recommend reading a quote or two from Fred when you need a little uplifting. Surround yourself with quotes and people and events that fill you up and inspire you help you hold on to that lightness, to hope, to connections and community.

“You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are. ”
― Fred Rogers
A hero of mine.
xoxoxoxo,
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. A lovely post full of positive vibes, I am not familiar with Fred, but it is a great quote,
    Love and light Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) dear friend. This is a lovely post. <3 You are definitely one of the blessings in my life.

    ReplyDelete