Monday, December 10, 2012

'Tis the season - Gumdrop Cake Recipe

Hi friends!

Man, my Monday blog posts are getting so late they're practically Tuesday posts. Hah, well - 'tis the season. Hustle-bustle, willy-nilly, crafting, decorating, bringing in the warmth and light and fun. That's what is happening over at my home this week.

This weekend Cady, Robin, and showed off Tansy Dolls at 2 different Fairs and had a great time. Seeing all the kids faces light up when they held our dolls was truly magical. Thank you to everyone that came out to chat and support us - We love you!

Craft Fair booth
photo courtesy of Ms Robin
In the spirit of giving, I thought I'd share one of my family traditions with you this week. It's a recipe I love and a taste that brings me right back to my childhood. Gumdrop Cake! (or, Gumdrop Bread as some call it...but, come on, we all know it's a far cry from being remotely healthy) Here goes, give it a whirl!
gumdrop cake recipe
so tempting just to eat a handful

Gumdrop Cake
preheat oven to 275
1 pound o' gumdrops, chopped well

2 eggs, beaten
½ cup butter, room temp
1 cup white sugar
2 ¼ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup milk

Cream butter, add sugar and eggs. 
Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together over the chopped gumdrops. Mix 'em up! 
Add vanilla to milk, mix. Then add flour/gumdrop mixture to milk & mix.

Pour in a greased loaf tin (or 2) at 275 degrees for 1½ hours.

ENJOY!
(notes: I like to use cooking scissors to get the job done faster when I'm cutting the 'drops. Some people also add raisins in the mix - not I, but you may want to try it. Also, if your gumdrops come with black, you may want to take them out so there's more red & green for the festive look)

and now, a Card from mine to yours - Happy Holidays, everyone!

Merry Christmas Card
My beh-beh's wishin' you good cheer!
xoxoxoxo,
Lesley

1 comment: