Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year, Big Dreams!

Hi everyone,

A Happy Monday and a Happy (belated) New Years to you!

If some of you noticed there wasn't a blog post last week it was because: man, I was sick. Sooooooo incredibly sick.

It was a rough Dec for my family with illnesses all around. I had caught the flu a few weeks ago, was healthy for 'the big day' (Xmas), and then couldn't-get-out-of-my-bed sick for 4 days. Thank goodness (and good timing) that my hubs was off of work for those few days because the kids weren't gonna watch themselves, ya know? hah.

Well, there's nothing like a good bout of feeling lousy to really make you appreciate feeling good again. So, here I am 2013, back at 100% (or even 110%, I dare say)!

I am so. very. excited. to reveal the plans Cady, Robin, and I have dreamed up for this year in Tansy Dolls Land. Ready? Here goes:

Each month we will be collaborating to bring you a special edition Tansy Doll with bunches of extra goodies as we explore classic and lesser-known tales to bring them to life in our 2013 FROM FABLES series! FUN!!! These special edition beauties will be released on the last Thursday of every month. So...for January 31st we're bringing to life: LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD and her frienemy WOLFGANG. Here are the concept sketches for these two:

little red riding hood waldorf doll special edition doll
Little Red will come with her very own basket for Grandma and, of course, her sweet Red Hood!

plush wolf doll rag doll wolfgang
and introducing: Wolfgang! He'll be a gray Ragdoll and will 'accompany' Miss Red
And that's not ALL...oh no...we'll be offering their sweet costumes and goodies as extras you can add to your custom Doll orders, in both sizes - 10" and 16"!

Here is our list for the 2013 FROM FABLES line:

Jan – Lil’ Red Riding Hood
Feb – Pear Blossom
March – African Folktale (TBA)
April – Hansel & Gretel
May – Dragon Themed (TBA)
June -  Princess and the Pea
July -  Little Mermaid
August - Jack and the Beanstalk
Sept - Alice in Wonderland
Oct -  Mother Goose
Nov - Native American Tale (TBA)
Dec – Jack Frost

A busy and exciting year planned! With a little wiggle-room, of course. :)

Before I go, if you missed it - we are giving away a free Tansy Doll when we reach 2,000 FB fans!
Please join and share the fun! Tansy Dolls BIG Giveaway!

Have a wonderful week, everyone. I hope it is creative, inspiring, and full of big dreams...whatever they may be.

xoxoxoxo,
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool!! I can't wait to see them! (I also like the idea of Big Bad Wolf as "frienemy" - it's the way I tell the story of the 3 little pigs. Ha.)

    ReplyDelete