Monday, February 11, 2013

A Cake for the person who has everything...

Happy Monday folks!

February is birthday month here in my house, with my daughter, my husband, and my birthdays just days apart (with Valentines day in the middle!) And let me just say, there is no sharing of birthdays or cakes 'round here.

My sweet Stell was sick on her big day, and so we're rescheduled her Fairy Birthday party for another weekend. Poor gal. She did exclaim yesterday that "this is the best birthday!" so I don't think the reschedule got her toooo down.

Kitty Litter Cake tutorial
My lil' trooper!
 Of course, in the looooooooooooooong week we were all sick (and tv had lost it's luster) I did learn how to make balloon animals. So, our balloon animal menagerie kind of made the day more awesome. Those, and presents & cake, of course. :)

Balloon animals
A 'cute' pic of the giraffe I made, or an American Apparel ad? You decide. I think that giraffe is up to something...
 Anywho, on to 2 days later and it's my hub's BDay!  My special guy appreciates (and deserves) a special kind of cake, and this year he's getting a great one! I in no way created the "Kitty Litter" cake, but I sure do appreciate whoever did. :) So without further adieu...

THE KITTY LITTER CAKE!
for those of you with a humor level as juvenile as my family's:

INGREDIENTS:
2 cake mixes (one white, one choc)
1 package of instant pudding (Vanilla)
1 package of cookies (Vanilla with creme inside, "sandwich" style work best)
1 package of mini Twix (many people use tootsie rolls - but these aren't a hit at my house. You can really use any mini chocolate bar that your fam enjoys eating most)
1 new kitty litter pan
1 new kitty pooper scooper

THE HOWZ TOOZIES:
- Prepare zee cake mixes and then set aside to cool. 

- Prepare zee puddingand also set aside to firm up/cool. 

- Crumble zee cookies in small batches in a food processor, or just crumble them with your hands if that's your style (it's ours). Set Aside.

- Crumble the cooled-down cakes into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of zee cookie crumbles, and the pudding. (note: you want the cake to be moist, not a soggy mess, so you don't have to add all the pudding.) 
Kitty Litter Cake Tutorial with pictures
Crumbly-goodness
  - Put cake mixture into the cleaned kitty litter box (even though it's new, ya never know...) 

Kitty Litter Cake Tutorial
I DID clean the floor before we started, mmkay? ;)
- Spread the remaining cookie crumbles on top

 - Now it's time to add the poop! (If you haven't involved the kids to help at this point, what is wrong with you!? hah) Open up your mini chocolates and decorate to your delight.

Kitty Litter Cake Tutorial
are you as excited as I am?!!
 - and for the pièce de résistance: Add the pooper scooper!
Kitty Litter Cake Tutorial
et voila! Delicious and classy!

Have a fun week, everyone!

xoxoxoxoxo,
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment