Saturday, March 2, 2013

And exhale...

Right now I'm trying to finish up four papers that I'm writing to prepare for my field exams for my doctoral program.  What that means is I've been doing pretty much nothing for days over here except write, write, and write.  And I'm feeling the stress.  By Monday, I need all four papers completed so I can sit down and edit and cite them and if you've ever written an academic paper before you know how long that can take.  I'll need all day Monday.  Anybody have tips for managing stress?  I'm discovering that I really don't have any coping techniques.  I just keep pushing through it because I know to stop means that it will all pile up and everything will just get worse.  It does make me wonder though where my breaking point is...not that I want to find out...I don't.  But yes, coping techniques.  What do you do?  Bonus points if it something that doesn't take a lot off your time but really helps you bring down the stress levels...

With that, I'll leave you with a screen print of page 20 of NW Kids.  How cool is this!!!  My little girl is famous.  I've always known what an awesome and amazing little kid she is and now Portland Oregon gets to find out too!   PS: if you're located in Portland, you can pick up the print version as well. With all that paper writing except for teaching I haven't left the apartment at all so Grandma Shellie and Lesley picked me up some copies.  Just a reminder for all those folks that are local.  Come join us on March 16 at Art ala Carte for the Art Open House, 50% of the proceeds will go to Aria's elephant saver fundraiser!  <3

~Cheers!~
Robin

4 comments:

  1. I try to just take a step back for a minute or two and take a few deep breaths. I also like to make lists of what I need to get done in order of importance and work with the toughest ones first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I'm a list maker as well. I actually love writing them out by hand just so I can cross things off. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! We finally picked up several copies and Aria likes to haul the magazine out to show visitors "her" page. :)

      Delete