Monday, April 29, 2013

I Get By with a Little Help (from my friends)

Hey guys,

Happy Monday, I hope everyone enjoyed a nice weekend with your loved ones. If you noticed my lack-of-posting last Monday...well, I'm about to tell ya why. :)

Whew, it's been a long week. Last Sunday my poor husband was rushed to the ER. We soon discovered his gall bladder needed to come out immediately.  After emergency surgery and days of recovery (with some extra days that included minor complications) he is finally home, resting, and on his way to wellness.

What I'd like to talk about today is gratitude. I was once again reminded just how thankful I am for modern medicine and having the access to it. May everyone all over the world be just as fortunate, someday very very soon.

I am so very grateful for my family, my sweet husband and all the love he gives to us, my mom for dropping everything and rushing over to watch the kids, and the rest of our clan for checking in periodically to make sure we are all being taken care of.

Of course, our friends. Oh where would I be without the endless support and help from my chosen comrades? After hearing of our emergency and the dilemma of just what to do when visiting papa in the hospital with a 1 1/2 year old who loves pulling cords and running endlessly, our friends snapped to attention with offers of babysitting, meals, and soft shoulders in which to lay. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And I am so extremely thankful for kindness. The kindness of everyone from the ER staff, my husband's amazing surgeon, and each and every one of the compassionate, hard working, sweet, funny, tireless nurses who helped us every moment we both needed it. I was impressed and will be forever grateful to you for making our stay so much easier.

I wish everyone a wonderful week full of kindness & compassion, both given and received.

xoxoxoxo,
Lesley
gratitude, kindness, compassion
2 of my loves

No comments:

Post a Comment