Friday, November 15, 2013

Sewing for the crafter tutorial collection

As promised I am continuing my holiday tutorial collection.  Last week, I put together a collection of amazing tutorials that should help you put together a great dollie accessory pack for the special little child in your life. This week I help you figure out what to make for perhaps the most elusive person on your list...the crafter/artist. Yes, that's right.  The person in your life that already makes his/her own amazing projects.

Here's a nifty little rollup designed to hold knitting needles or crochet hooks.  I think it would also make a great rollup for paintbrushes, markers, and/or pencils for the artist in your life.

Apparently project bags are very useful to yarn crafters.  This one is big enough to hold that sweater project your crafty friend is working on.

My husband supports my crafting.  Truly he does, but if you were to ask him his number one pet peeve about my crafting, I'd bet my last dollar he'd say its finding random needles on the floor. Whip up this sweet little needle book and help your friend keep the needles out of the carpet.

Have a budding little sewist/sewer/seamstress...eh, whatever, have a child in your life who's learning to sew?  This adorable little kit will set them up with everything they need to encourage and support the love of sewing.

One of the few tutorials you'll find on this list that ISN'T sewn.  But come on, how adorable is this little ornament.  Perfect for that knitter you know that celebrates Christmas. Shoot, even if he/she doesn't celebrate Christmas this would be cute as a simple house decoration.

Make a camera strap for the photographer in your life.  This one comes with a little pocket to hold the camera lens cap when he/she is busy shooting away.

Do you know a great writer? Pair this lovely composition cover with a fresh pen and a new composition book for a great gift.  I think this would also work well for a sketchbook; you may have to adjust the measurements to fit properly.

Okay, this is just super cute.  Its an embroidery case to hold carded embroidery floss.  Its intended for embroiders but clearly this would work for those who cross stitch as well as anyone else you know that works with embroidery floss.

That wraps up this week's tutorial collection.  Next week I think I may put together a tutorial collection for home goods.  Let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for and I'll see if I can dig up any great tutorials for you!

~Cheers!~
Robin

1 comment:

  1. These decorating ideas are pretty useful. I can include this one in my house decoration article of my blog. Thanks for the information.

    Regards,
    Sanola Jerry
    Plos Constructions

    ReplyDelete