Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Recent Projects

Hopefully you guys have seen some of the crazy-cute babies we've been making recently (like this one, this one, this one, or this one). But, you know us crafty types can't do just one thing, right? I though I'd show you some of the other stuff I've been up to craft-wise. (Including links to patterns and whatnot!)

 Needle-felted butterfly fairy! No tutorial here, as she was made from my imagination. But she was pretty fun! She hangs under a cascade of flower petals, kind of like a vertical mobile.

Knit cloche-style hat. I've actually made 2 of these recently for Craftster swaps. I think they're super cute. The pattern is a free pdf download and can be found here


This picture doesn't really do this one justice. It's a big, super soft, neck bow. The pattern is from Tiny Owl Knits on Etsy, and is available for purchase here. It was easy to follow, so I highly recommend it. I used this delicious yarn that is a baby suri alpaca, merino wool, bamboo blend that I'd just like to swim in. So soft and silky! You can get your own here.


"What is that thing?" you say?
Why, it's a 3D printed snow plow, of course! I've been having a blast with the 3D printer, and I figured it was time for Max to get something out of it. He really loves snow plows, and has been stealing my binder clips to be make-shift plows for quite a while. So when I found this thing on Thingiverse, I knew I had to make him one. That's Diesel modeling it up there, but it's been tested on quite a few trains the last few days. He loves it!

Do you have any projects you want to share? Or brag about? Let us know!

TTFN!
Cady

2 comments:

  1. Well I do! I was so inspired by how u blogged about ur craft projects (esp. the babies) that I adopted e idea for my handmade socks & waldorf inspired toys. Hope u'll not get offended by it.

    I just picked up sewing as a hobby early this yr and am selling my works along the way to get some cash back to fund my interest. Here're e links to my blog (http://myartpetite.blogspot.com) and fb page (www.fb.com/myARTpetite). Feel free to share with me on how I can improve it further :)

    p/s I'm also trying to conceal my excitement to see the baby, which u're working on for me right now. I'm looking forward to including it in my shoots with my handmade toys. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks great! And Erwin is such a cutie! :)

      Delete