Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fools' Day!

I hope you had a fabulous April Fools' Day! I have somewhat mixed feelings about this holiday. I'm really not a fan of the kind of mean jokes and pranks that often get pulled on this day. But I do like an excuse for some silliness.

This year I went with the dinner time theme. We had 'cupcakes' for dinner. They were meatloaf made in a cupcake tin (from Grandma's recipe), with mashed potato frosting, green pea sprinkles, and asparagus candles. The photos aren't great, but Max got a kick out of them and they were pretty yummy.



For our dinner beverage we had strawberry 'juice' that was actually Jello. Max tried really hard to drink it through the straw before switching to a spoon.



For dessert we had 'grilled cheese sandwiches' which were actually toasted pound cake with orange frosting for cheese. These were also a hit. Overall, Max spent quite a bit of dinner time cracking up.


The other thing I've come to love about April Fools' Day is the way many of my favorite tech companies get into the spirit. Did you find Pokemon on your maps yesterday? Or try to buy a Flux Capacitor Car Charger? There were a bunch on fun tech gags this year, here's a list of some of the best: http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/01/best-of-april-fools-2014-roundup-list

Did you partake in any silliness?

TTFN!
Cady

2 comments:

  1. THAT is SO clever - I love it!! I must remember to use these ideas next year!!!! Made me giggle - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't make any of these up, but have seen them pulled in years past. But whoever thought them up, this is the type of gag for me!

      Delete